[ UK /sɑːtˈɔːɹɪəs/ ]
[ US /sɑɹˈtɔɹiɪs/ ]
[ US /sɑɹˈtɔɹiɪs/ ]
- a muscle in the thigh that helps to rotate the leg into the sitting position assumed by a tailor; the longest muscle in the human body
How To Use sartorius In A Sentence
- It receives an expansion from the tendon of the Biceps femoris laterally, and from the tendons of the Sartorius, Gracilis, Semitendinosus, and Semimembranosus medially; in front, it blends with the periosteum covering the subcutaneous surface of the tibia, and with that covering the head and malleolus of the fibula; below, it is continuous with the transverse crural and laciniate ligaments. IV. Myology. 8c. The Muscles and Fasciæ of the Leg
- The anserine bursa is a fairly large bursa that ties behind the tendons of sartorius, gracilis, and semitendinous muscles and the tibial collateral ligament.
- It is bounded, in front and laterally, by the Vastus medialis; behind by the Adductores longus and magnus; and is covered in by a strong aponeurosis which extends from the Vastus medialis, across the femoral vessels to the Adductores longus and magnus; lying on the aponeurosis is the Sartorius muscle. VI. The Arteries. 6. The Arteries of the Lower Extremity
- The superficial branch supplies sensory innervation to the skin of the anterior thigh and motor innervation to the sartorius muscle.
- Faber, and the barbarous Sartorius, for sartor, a tailor. The Romance of Names
- From above, caudal part of sartorius muscle is a suitable bridge to premise of nerve regeneration.
- The supernatant was either dialyzed against sterile water (for elastase activity) or sterile filtered using 0.2 µm pore filters (16543; Sartorius), frozen and kept for further analysis. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Dr. Sartorius continued: "We aim to show that habenula stimulation has a better success rate than other target areas attempted for depression and that it is also safe to use". Gaea Times (by Simple Thoughts) Breaking News and incisive views 24/7
- The surgeon incises the skin and bluntly dissects through the subcutaneous fat to expose the sartorius.
- Of the anterior group of muscles, those seen at this level include the sartorius and quadriceps femoris.