[ US /ˈsɑɹz/ ]
- a respiratory disease of unknown etiology that apparently originated in mainland China in 2003; characterized by fever and coughing or difficulty breathing or hypoxia; can be fatal
How To Use SARS In A Sentence
- By recording the spectra of several distant quasars whose light pierces the Milky Way, the spacecraft revealed some 50 ultraviolet-absorbing gas clouds around our galaxy.
- Moritz von Anhalt Dessau commanded the Prussian right wing of 8 battalions and 7 squadrons of cavalry, while Hans von Zieten commanded the Advance Guard of light troops one jager battalion, 7 squadrons of hussars, and a battery of horse artillery. Battle of Freiberg Pictures & Report
- Our economy suffered a triple whammy this year - we were hit by Sars, the Iraq war, and then the world economic downturn.
- Astronomers believe that quasars are galaxies with very massive black holes in the center.
- The big worry is that the cash-strapped Irish health service is ill equipped to deal with an epidemic of any form, least of all a potentially fatal virus like SARS.
- Banish thoughts of decorative church kneelers, of draped antimacassars or folklorish costumes. Times, Sunday Times
- The Sarsfields however will be hoping to meet the challenge head on and they will be looking for a big support to cheer them on for what is undoubtedly their biggest game of the year.
- We want to make something here that is more viral than SARS. POPCO
- In the video version of the ad campaign, Simpoo charts his mouth-watering diet: He starts his day with aloo de parantha and mango aachar and later dines on aloo gobhi and sarsong ka saag.
- In the space of only a few months, the word SARS has rolled around the world, bringing panic and fear to some places and a sense of foreboding to others.