[ UK /sɑːkˈəʊmɐ/ ]
[ US /sɑɹˈkoʊmɝ/ ]
[ US /sɑɹˈkoʊmɝ/ ]
- a usually malignant tumor arising from connective tissue (bone or muscle etc.); one of the four major types of cancer
How To Use sarcoma In A Sentence
- Objective To study the effects of retinoic acid on the differentiation of human rhabdomyosarcoma cells and on the expression of myogenic regulatory factor (MRF).
- Radiotherapy is not usually used to treat osteosarcomas or chondrosarcomas, because it does not have great effect.
- The angiographic findings in a case of metastatic meningeal carcinomatosis and a case of primary meningeal sarcomatosis are presented.
- Histologically, the tumor was composed of two distinct components - an epithelioid component with granular cytoplasm that stained for synaptophysin, melan-A, calretinin, and vimentin compatible with adrenocortical differentiation, and a pleomorphic to spindled component that was positive for desmin and myogenin, compatible with rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation. BioMed Central - Latest articles
- Sarcoma and carcinoma of the thyroid when perforating the trachea may become pedunculated. Bronchoscopy and Esophagoscopy A Manual of Peroral Endoscopy and Laryngeal Surgery
- Keratin expression is typical of epithelial differentiation in carcinomas and some sarcomas.
- This luxury hotels vancouver usneaceae sets inaccessibly avifaunal myosarcoma to magellan carsick wait in motherliness tastily the lasciviously ten tecophilaeacea. Rational Review
- Trimerbodies were labeled with the near-infrared fluorochrome Cy5 and injected in the tail vein of nude mice bearing MKN45 (stomach adenocarcinoma), HT-1080 (fibrosarcoma), or HeLa PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcomas have more uniform, deeply eosinophilic cytoplasm and display cell-to-cell molding and cross-striations by light microscopy.
- Methods Osteoblast related gene expression frequency, specialty, and the relationship between osteoblastic phenotype and biological behavior of osteosarcoma were studied.