[ US /ˈsɛɹəwɑk/ ]
- the largest state in Malaysia; located on the northwest of the island of Borneo
How To Use Sarawak In A Sentence
- He said TSH Biotech had been working closely with the Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) for the past five years to produce the new oil palm ramets and the company was now the biggest ramet producer in Sabah and Sarawak. Daily Express Newspaper Online
- If our neighboring Sarawak state government can make all cities, town, villages and river comparatively cleaner than Sabah, why can't our Sabah state government?
- KUCHING: The so-called disunity among members of the state Barisan Nasional is a fallacy, said Parti Rakyat Sarawak president Datuk Seri James Masing. Undefined
- Umno continues to benefit from a gerrymander that favours rural Malay seats on peninsular Malaya as well as Sabah and Sarawak in northern Borneo.
- The meeting passed particular resolutions condemning the uncontrolled logging in Sarawak and the continuing harassment of tribal peoples in the state.
- Ten thousand people in Sarawak, Malaysia, have been displaced by the Bakun dam, which is expected to open next year, and a series of Latin American dams could force many thousands of people off their land. Hydroelectric dams pose threat to tribal peoples, report warns
- East Malaysia, consisting of the federal territory of Labuan and the states of Sabah and Sarawak, occupies the northern part of the island of Borneo, bordering Indonesia and the Sultanate of Brunei.
- Sarawakian beaches
- Sukarno, Indonesia's first president, had declared a "Confrontation" against Malaysia in 1964, which then included Singapore along with the Borneo states of Sabah and Sarawak.
- Timber production in Sarawak reached 18 million cubic metres in 1990.