[ US /ˌsɑɹəˈjeɪvoʊ/ ]
- capital and largest city of Bosnia; scene of the assassination of Francis Ferdinand in 1914 which precipitated World War I
How To Use Sarajevo In A Sentence
- The General's visit to Sarajevo is part of preparations for the deployment of extra troops.
- There was a feature on legendary speed skater Gaetan Boucher, winner of two gold and a bronze at the '84 Sarajevo Games, who was about to take his last shot at the podium in the men's 1,500 metres.
- SARAJEVO - The United Nations deployed French peacekeeping troops between Moslem and Serb forces in Sarajevo to enforce a ceasefire called as NATO threatened the city's Serb besiegers with air strikes. ANC Daily News Briefing
- The world is watching Sarajevo
- In Sarajevo we found an overwhelming energy and bustle set against a backdrop of the ruins of dilapidated buildings.
- We waited at the Latin Bridge in Sarajevo for Austria's heir presumptive, Francis Ferdinand. Lord Weidenfeld of Chelsea: On Turning 90
- We continued reforesting the hills around Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Sarajevo and Mostar are well known for the wool rugs and carpets their artisans produce.
- Read in studio A charity worker says his social security payments are being stopped because he's taking aid to Sarajevo.
- There was no running water and no bakery, but gave great comfort to the citizens of Sarajevo with his newspaper.