[ UK /sˈæpənˌɪn/ ]
- any of various plant glucosides that form soapy lathers when mixed and agitated with water; used in detergents and foaming agents and emulsifiers
How To Use saponin In A Sentence
- Investigating extraction method with organic reagent, we use adsorb resin column to extract soybean saponin.
- It contains resin and mucilage, in addition to saponin, which is its leading principle, and by virtue of which decoctions of the root produce a soapy froth. Herbal Simples Approved for Modern Uses of Cure
- Oxalic acid, betacyanins, alkaloids such as betaine, cyanogenic compounds, saponins, sesquiterpenes, and polyphenols all have been reported present in various species. 5 Vegetable Amaranths
- Using the membrane permeabilising saponin digitonin, we measured digitonin applications of different concentrations in cytotoxicity assays over 18 h alone to normalise the data of the combination treatment of EGCG and digitonin against the toxic effect the adjuvant already determines alone. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Theres a chemical called saponin in them which causes hemolysis thats bad. Lack of posts
- The group attempted to buy 500 kg of saponin, which could be mixed with ricin or another toxin to cause widespread poisoning if the concoction was smeared on surfaces in public places.
- The ultrasonic method was applied to extract of total saponins from snap bean.
- Saponins are amphiphilic compounds that can interact with biomembranes, lyse cells or can form complexes with cholesterol. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- Euchresta japonica the main active ingredient is matrine and oxymatrine, return imply flavone and saponin etc.
- Sarsaparilla root contains saponins, which reduce microbes and toxins.