acutely insightful and wise
a source of valuable insights and sapient advice to educators
observant and thoughtful, he was given to asking sagacious questions
much too perspicacious to be taken in by such a spurious argument
How To Use sapient In A Sentence
- Oneal sapiently remarked at the Convention: "The time and conditions which favored the Russian revolution must be studied before we attempt to adopt them here. The Red Conspiracy
- As Jessica had so sapiently remarked, had Lacey indicated that she would welcome it he would probably have been keen to take their relationship to a more personal level. A Cure For Love
- Lipsius saith of himself, that he was  humani generis quidem paedagogus voce et stylo, a grand signior, a master, a tutor of us all, and for thirteen years he brags how he sowed wisdom in the Low Countries, as Ammonius the philosopher sometimes did in Alexandria,  cum humanitate literas et sapientiam cum prudentia: antistes sapientiae, he shall be Sapientum Octavus. Anatomy of Melancholy
-  Philosophastri licentiantur in artibus, artem qui non habent,  Eosque sapientes esse jubent, qui nulla praediti sunt sapientia, et nihil ad gradum praeterquam velle adferunt. Anatomy of Melancholy
- Sapientum_ -- 'a fountain of abundant water, which no heats of summer can ever dry, which no flood can ever defile, which is as a water of life, to them that thirst for life, a stream of cleansing to them that would be pure, and a medicine of such healing virtue that by it, through the might of God and the intercession of His saints, the most grievous wounds are made whole. ' The House of Souls
- I wanted to write a story about drones and botflies and so on after reading a post at Making Light about "ethical governor" software for proto-sapient predators. EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Madeline Ashby
- Psychologists, with their sapiential authority in empirically validated treatments and quantitative single case methods, are ideally poised to treat insomnia and insomnia sensitivity.
- The core teachings of Christ were gradually wrapped in a vast and wide-ranging symbolic iconography and hagiology while Judaism and Islam both developed elaborate esoteric, neo-platonic and hermetic schools of thought illustrated through sapiential tales and gnostic parables, in the likeness of earlier mystery cults of the Middle East.
- Dominic Crossan writes that Jesus subscribed to "sapiential eschatology", which he describes as announces that God has given all human beings the wisdom to discern how, here and now in this world, one can so live that God's power, rule, and dominion are evidently present to all observers. Debunking Debunking Christianity Christianity
- This may sound extremely unfair to our esteemed police force, to the hardworking prosecutors at the Attorney General's Office and the sapient judges who preside over our courts.