- a city in central Bolivia
- a town in western California on Monterey Bay; a tourist center
How To Use Santa Cruz In A Sentence
- Getting to host the race was a coup for the Santa Cruz Yacht Club.
- We went to clubs on Sunset, hit the slopes in northern Arizona, caught a striptease act in the French Quarter with another couple, and spent a night among friends hot-tubbing and sipping daiquiris in the Santa Cruz Mountains after a day of crabbing near Half Moon Bay. Are We Not Men?
- There are currently 31 estancias in Santa Cruz open to tourists, ranging from refurbished, luxury lodges that fetch up to $400 a night to more humble dwellings that conserve the austere style of its original occupants.
- The well-connected Micronesian island group of Yap had 43 tools, with a mean of five techno-units per tool, while the remote Santa Cruz group in the Solomon Islands, despite having almost as large a population, had just 24 tools and four techno-units. Why Some Islanders Build Better Crab Traps
- Interpretation Urban transmission of yellow fever in Santa Cruz was limited in space and time.
- The Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) World Qualifying Series (WQS) 2-Star event is the second of three stops on the 2008 Macy's California Trifecta Surf Series (an ASP North America Specialty Series), and Yeomans 'emphatic victory vaults the phenomenal goofy-footer into the lead heading intp the third and final stop in Santa Cruz this October. Transworld Surf
- One day last weekend, howling onshore winds had turned the Peninsula waves to junk, so I called a friend across the bay to see what Santa Cruz had to offer.
- Members of the Picco family of Santa Cruz, Calif., enjoy their six-foot-wide cedar tub, which is nestled in a patch of beargrass and wild sweet peas. NYT > Home Page
- African-Peruvians also took to a poetic style known as decima, a form which was exemplified in the work of Afro-Peruvian poet Nicomedes Santa Cruz. BBC News | News Front Page | World Edition
- He aa retail zone manager in the Santa Cruz area, southwest of the Bay Area.