[ UK /sˈænɪtəɹi/ ]
[ US /ˈsænɪˌtɛɹi/ ]
[ US /ˈsænɪˌtɛɹi/ ]
free from filth and pathogens
a sanitary washroom
sanitary conditions for preparing food
How To Use sanitary In A Sentence
- Amoebiasis can be prevented by good hygiene and sanitary conditions.
- Inspection" means that the Frontier Health and Quarantine Organ( hereinafter referred to as the" Health and Quarantine Organ") carries out medical inspection and sanitary inspection.
- We had planned to spend the Bank Holiday weekend in Italy paying the next tranche of money and finalising the layout of sanitary ware in the bath room.
- Detmar is the sort of chap who would once have been described as a milksop; when Issie met him in 1988 he was 25, but so close to his mother he used to shop for her sanitary towels. Blow by Blow: The Story of Isabella Blow by Detmar Blow
- Oreck next maintained that many of its challenged statements were nonactionable puffery: (1) the Dyson is “bulky”; (2) the Oreck vacuum emits “no puff” of dust when it is emptied; (3) the Dyson bin emptying process is “messy” and the Dyson filter is “not sanitary” and a “dirty little secret”; and (4) the XL Ultra 4120 weighs “only nine pounds,” while the weight of the DC14 is “backbreaking.” Archive 2009-03-01
- According to official documents reviewed by Dow Jones Newswires, corn and soymeal imported from India are on a list specifying any shipments are to be subjected to detailed pest risk analysis and a phytosanitary import permits. Vietnam Says Indian Corn No Good, Blames Pest
- The sanitary conditions are deplorable and there are no separate toilets for women.
- Women's sanitary products were found behind a drinks cooler and other parts of the office and spit was daubed on desks. Times, Sunday Times
- Heating in all houses is gas-fired, and allowances for kitchen, tiling, feature fireplaces, and sanitary ware is included.
- Haul paper containers to a sanitary landfill or burn them in an approved manner.