[ US /ˈsændˌmæn/ ]
[ UK /sˈændmən/ ]
[ UK /sˈændmən/ ]
- an elf in fairy stories who sprinkles sand in children's eyes to make them sleepy
How To Use sandman In A Sentence
- There was a Sandman story I wanted to write, which would have been a heartbreaker, and would have been about the dreams and hopes of an unborn baby, who was, for whatever reason, never going to be born.
- One reason why I mostly left the Greek Gods alone in Sandman was that I felt that Eddie Campbell had staked them out as his territory in his DEADFACE comic, and I didn't want to intrude on what he was doing.
- Instead of tossing and turning, close the door to your sanctuary, light a candle, and draw a tranquilizing bath that's sure to summon the sandman.
- Mae Sandman yn un o glasuron byd comics, yn bennaf oherwydd ei fod wedi ei ysgrifennu yn benodol ar gyfer oedolion. Comics plant mawr
- The one downside to the Sandman going legit is the whole “captured by the government and studied/forced to become a weapon of mass destruction thing”. Matthew Yglesias » Getting To “Yes”
- With classic hits like Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, and the chilling One these old-timers of metal have something for everyone.
- ‘The sandman calleth,’ he yawned and climbed into bed without changing into his sleepwear.
- The impressive array of fans that keep the server both cool and sounding like an army of approaching hover mowers do not in themselves keep me from my appointments with the sandman.
- Whether they declare that we are in the post-peak phase or not, it will be very important for them to say that the decision is tentative," Sandman said in a telephone interview.
- As they were all about to lie their heads down and succumb to the sandman, they heard a low growling in the shrubs nearby that got increasingly louder by the minute.