- parasitic tree of Indonesia and Malaysia having fragrant close-grained yellowish heartwood with insect repelling properties and used, e.g., for making chests
How To Use sandalwood tree In A Sentence
- A tall sandalwood tree, the transverse section of a teak trunk and the colossal egg of an ostrich are some of the other fascinating exhibits.
- There was a pause during which I seemed to hear the regular gentle swish of the punkah and the steady buzzing of the cicadas in the sandalwood trees.
- A sandalwood tree infected with this mycoplasma organism usually dies within three years.
- He is also said to have slain more than 2,000 elephants for their tusks and felled thousands of sandalwood trees.
- They had mapped out various routes through parts of the buffer zone of the reserve which has a number of sandalwood trees.
- Travancore tortoise, the Indian egg-eating snake, the medicinal tree Purakayastha native to Shillong, the Yakla snow lotus, the Siroi lily - said to be the most beautiful of all lilies, crinum lily, the gamble tree native to Kerala with only 200 trees left in the sacred grove of Aickad, and the red sandalwood tree are endangered or critically endangered. The Times of India
- Likewise, it is ideal to encourage individuals to grow sandalwood trees.
- But after the felling of a sandalwood tree inside the GNP, the authorities have decided not to allow the mahout and the animal into the park.
- One of the trees found in tropical deciduous forests is the sandalwood tree.
- Red sandalwood trees, although scattered throughout southern China, are native to India and some Southeast Asian countries.