[ UK /sˈændəlwˌʊd/ ]
- close-grained fragrant yellowish heartwood of the true sandalwood; has insect repelling properties and is used for carving and cabinetwork
How To Use sandalwood In A Sentence
- Inhaling sandalwood oil lessens stress and can stop vomiting.
- The Government should impose strict measures to contain illegal cutting down of sandalwood trees.
- For a sensuous bath, try sandalwood, rose, ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli or jasmine.
- Many of the islands are mountainous and heavily forested with teak, ebony, and sandalwood.
- Tell me about the sort of products you'd get out the sandalwood tree.
- The scent is composed around the essence of sandalwood with a hint of ginger, with top notes of Calabrian bergamot, Sicilian mandarin and Tunisian neroli.
- There is Samsara, with it's minimalistic yet rich melange of jasmine, sandalwood and vanilla; Songes, shamelessly floral through and through with jasmine, frangipanni and powdery-sweet vanilla foundation; or Ormonde Jayne's airy and light rendition of Frangipanni Absolute. Archive 2008-06-01
- Sandalwood mafias thrive due to the political patronage.
- Cooler notes are provided by wisteria, musk and linen while vanilla, sandalwood and acacia warm to the pulse points.
- Upon entering the shop the pleasant smell of Jasmine mixed with sandalwood gives you a calm and good feeling.