- any of various small dipterous flies; bloodsucking females can transmit sandfly fever and leishmaniasis
How To Use sand fly In A Sentence
- I skidded to a halt sending sand flying high in the sky as I saw the huts on fire, smoking to the clouds.
- On reaching the gut of the sand fly, the organism converts to a promastigote form, reproduces, and migrates to the buccal cavity.
- The only way to contract leishmania parasites is through the bite of the tiny sand fly.
- The boy ran across the desert, the sand flying up from his heels.
- He worked a thousand looms himself, and ever they speeded up, faster and faster, and his brain unwound, faster and faster, and became the thread that fed the thousand flying shuttles. THE APOSTATE
- You'll see grass bend as balls roll through the rough, or see clouds of sand fly up as an errant shot falls into a hazard.
- The boy suffers from disfiguring cutaneous leishmaniasis, which is transmitted by sand fly bites. Photos of the Day: Oct. 18
- The storm contracted and spasmed, knotting and reknotting until with an audible groan the entire towering structure keeled over to slam into the canyon floor, sending a cloud of dust and sand flying. The Lives of Felix Gunderson
- He worked a thousand looms himself, and ever they speeded, faster and faster, and his brain unwound, faster and faster, and became the thread that fed the thousand flying shuttles. The Apostate