[ UK /sˈɑːmpəl/ ]
[ US /ˈsæmpəɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈsæmpəɫ/ ]
- items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- all or part of a natural object that is collected and preserved as an example of its class
- a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
take a sample of
Sample the regional dishes
Try these new crackers
How To Use sample In A Sentence
- Based upon analysis of duplicate samples, reproducibility was better than 3% of the measured concentration of each element.
- If you unzip our sample document and load content.xml into a text editor, you should notice a few things.
- Difenacoum, detected in her blood samples, can be absorbed through skin, with prolonged anticoagulant effects.
- For example, some spectrophotometers can measure absorbance in sample volumes as low as one microliter. The Scientist
- Over 20 factors were analyzed amongst the DUI attorneys sampled, including whether free consultations are offered, if a lawyer is willing to do 'outcall' (meaning they will meet with potential clients outside the office), how aggressive the defense of the client is, the degree to which each client is offered access to their lawyer, how much time is spent with each client talking by phone or over email, and other factors. WebWire | Recent Headlines
- But although there was a scare with my first sample being clear, as we'd only just arrived, my second proved that I, along with the entire Sunday Herald table, was completely ratted and therefore allowed to keep the trophy.
- If any are found, a biopsy then takes place, where small samples of body tissue are examined under the microscope for abnormal cells. The Sun
- Other amazing samples from the plant world will be revealed to the children, including plants with armbands to help them swim and meat-eating plants like the Pitcher plant, which is on loan from Cardiff University.
- Well having no money, I wear anything that I have a free sample of (as long as it's passably nice).
- Nineteen people have submitted stool samples that tested positive for diarrhea-causing agents: Campylobacter (14), norovirus (3), salmonella (1) and Giardia (1).