[ US /ˈsɔɫtsbɝɡ, ˈsɔɫzbɝɡ/ ]
- city in western Austria; a music center and birthplace of Mozart
How To Use Salzburg In A Sentence
- The Munich-based label has made a name for itself with its discs of live recordings, mostly operatic, taken from more than half a century of Salzburg festivals.
- It was the archbishop of Salzburg and his suffragan bishops who protested vigorously at the involvement of Cyril and Methodius and their pupils in the pastoral care of the Danubian Slavs.
- *sip sip sip* *thinks deep thots about happiness* *sip sip sip* It iz so stranj waht exactlee can maek us happee. *sip sip* Ai wuz driving – sum fyew yeers ago *sip sip* frum Stuttgart to Salzburg. *sip* An suddenlee, ai felt lite az a feather *spI and ai NOO that ai wuz TOTALEE an without ene rezervashun *sip* compleetelee happee. Wai you mad? - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
- A walk across the Salzach over Mozartsteg or Mozart's bridge, the quaint footbridge across the river, and one is right in the middle of Salzburg's old city and its visual splendours.
- The territorial limits of the diocese corresponded to those of the crownland of Upper Austria with the addition of several parishes of Salzburg, to the separation of which the Archbishop of Salzburg gave his consent in 1786. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 9: Laprade-Mass Liturgy
- Salzburg is a fascinating city too, and the guided tour is by far the best way to get your initial bearings.
- These four contradances were written in Salzburg in January of 1780 for Count Johann Rudolf Czernin.
- The next two cases (21, 22) are devoted to the varieties of common quartz, including the flexible sandstones of Brazil (of which there are some larger specimens upon a separate table) and to those of the east; milk quartz; the Salzburg blue quartz, &c.; some varieties of the cat's eye; hornstones, including wood changed into hornstone: and herein begin the flints, including some specimens changing into calcedony, smalt blue calcedony from Transylvania; the Icelandic stalactical calcedony; and the fine Cornish calcedony. How to See the British Museum in Four Visits
- Danube, and from the district of the Lungau in Southern Salzburg through Carinthia, Carniola, Styria, the crownland of Görz-Gradiska, and a large part of Friuli. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 14: Simony-Tournon
- It was the shocker of the 1998 Salzburg Festival.