- a pair of light loose trousers with a tight fit around the ankles; worn by women from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a kameez)
How To Use salwar In A Sentence
- The far end was crowded with Afghan men: the police chief in his gray uniform; the other provincial officials and a mullah in the traditional outfit of tunic and baggy trousers known as salwar-kameez. This Is War: How USAID workers are trained for work and danger in Afghanistan
- Craftspersons in the region now turn out an impressive range of merchandise, which includes salwar kameez, shawls, dupattas, patchwork quilts, stuffed toys, purses and stylish footwear.
- Today we see our womenfolk in sarees and salwar kameez.
- The long kurtas and salwars, short kurtas and parallels with matching dupattas in chiffon and georgette, and shimmering sequin work played up the contrasting combination, at times striking and some times subtle.
- The kameez is the long dress-like tunic; the salwar pronounced shall-wah is the baggy trousers; the scarf/shawl is called a dupatta Archive 2006-11-01
- Wearing a salwar kameez, he is shown playing cricket alone and is bullied. Times, Sunday Times
- Our neighbour's daughter took her grandmother to the school fete in matching salwar kameez, waving union flags. Times, Sunday Times
- The outfit I was wearing is called a salwar kameez. My K12 Online Conference Presentation
- Geeta, who had swapped last night's tight, bright-green sari for a yellow salwar-kameez, a loose shirt and trouser.
- I had plenty of those, but hated wearing them on their own, always preferring to team a long silk salwar top with a pair of faded jeans, or my churidar pants with a soft layered T-shirt. Indie Girl