- an opening or welcoming statement (especially one delivered at graduation exercises)
How To Use salutatory In A Sentence
- People who do enjoy it, do so on such an immense, worshipful and salutatory level that it can be a little overwhelming to actually think a book can be that good and life changing.
- The Hummer stopped next to another dark green Jeep facing the cave mouth, and gave a quick salutatory beep.
- After a few salutatory remarks, Kevin directed me to walk alongside him as we continued with our conversation.
- Graduation took place on Sunday, May 21. Kelly McCarthy delivered the salutatory address and Lauren Boucher, the valedictory address.
- Rachel Tenney Aptekar delivers her salutatory address during Gilroy's graduation ceremony Friday.