- a shallow basin in a desert region; contains salt and gypsum that was deposited by an evaporated salt lake
How To Use saltpan In A Sentence
- In the distance, staggered lines of other pukkawoods rose, each from a crack riven into the saltpan by the advancing lightning. Asimov's Science Fiction
- Threatened plant species currently being protected or monitored include the endemic saltpan cresses (Lepidium kirkii and L. sisymbrioides matau), the upland shrub Hebe cupressoides, the endangered Hector's tree daisy (Olearia hectorii), native Peraxilla mistletoes, and the epiphytic forest shrub Tupeia antarctica. Cantebury-Otago tussock grasslands
- Whether a camel is stuck in a gluggy saltpan, a vehicle is bogged on a giant sandhill, a party is running out of fuel or water, or guests are marooned on the wrong side of rising floodwaters, Rex can always find a solution.
- Scattered groups of triple patches in the saltpan nearby testified to previous years 'congregational outings. Asimov's Science Fiction
- Because the saltpans are only open for eight months a year many workers have to borrow money from local moneylenders to survive and are charged 10 percent interest per month.
- Then the ground shook, the lightning cracks in the saltpan widening around the base of each cross. Asimov's Science Fiction
- Filtered through the squall, the sunlight scattered on the saltpan was muted, colored differently than she had ever seen it since coming to Drylands. Asimov's Science Fiction
- No more holes in the saltpan, no more disruption to my town. Asimov's Science Fiction
- The shadow of the town walls reached almost to the small group a few hundred meters out on the saltpan. Asimov's Science Fiction
- Covering over 12,000 km2, it is one of the largest saltpan complexes in the world. Zambezian halophytics