How To Use salpinx In A Sentence
- A golden dolphin, which had been suspended from a beam, and on which the eye of every charioteer was fixed, dropped to the ground, a blast on the 'salpinx', or war-trumpet, was sounded, and forty-eight horses flew forth as though thrown forward by one impulsion. Serapis — Volume 06
- The tunica adventitia was serous membrane , but in the mesosalpinx, it was connective tissue.
- The _post-operative_ form of parotitis is most frequently met with after laparotomy for such conditions as suppurative appendicitis, perforated gastric ulcer, ovarian cyst, and pyosalpinx. Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities—Head—Neck. Sixth Edition.
- An ancient music critic, Aristides Quintilianus, calls the salpinx “a warlike and terrifying instrument,” “masculine” and “vehement.” The Battle of Salamis
- Shoulder tip and pelvic pain after surgery can also be decreased using lignocaine instilled subdiaphragmatically and also into the mesosalpinx (grade A evidence).
- He mispronounced quite common words: urticate, salpinx, bordereau. The Shadow of the Torturer
- A salpinx from fifth century B.C. Greece has been found: its cylinder consists of thirteen parts made of ivory, while its bell and mouthpiece are made of bronze. The Battle of Salamis
- Homer compares the sound of the salpinx to the terrible cry of Achilles. The Battle of Salamis
- The salpinx ranged from two and a half to about five feet long: the salpinx was hardly handy, but it was certainly loud. The Battle of Salamis