- inflammation of a Fallopian tube (usually the result of infection spreading from the vagina or uterus) or of a Eustachian tube
How To Use salpingitis In A Sentence
- Several similar reported cases, sufficiently different histologically from xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis, are not included in this list.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a general term for an infection that affects the lining of the uterus (endometrium), the fallopian tubes (salpingitis), and/or ovaries (oophoritis). OUR BODIES, OURSELVES
- After acute salpingitis, the risk of an ectopic pregnancy is increased sevenfold.
- Endometritis and salpingitis are thought to be components of pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Medical statistics since 1990 show a clear growth trend in the number of illnesses of the genitourinary system (glomerular disorders, urolithiasis, salpingitis, oophoritis, etc.).
- (A salpingitis has the same effect in causing sterility in the female as has an epididymitis in the male.) Woman Her Sex and Love Life
- Study findings have sparked research on the etiology of acute salpingitis, new approaches to treatment, and the immunopathogenesis of C. trachomatis infection in women.
- He also postulated that C trachomatis was a cause of pelvic inflammatory disease after noting that mothers whose babies had chlamydial ophthalmia neonatorum had symptoms of salpingitis.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease comprises a variety of inflammatory disorders of the upper female genital tract, including endometritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian abscess, and pelvic peritonitis.
- A case of xanthogranulomatous salpingitis and oophoritis in a 47-year-old woman is presented.