- large fork-tailed trout of lakes of Canada and the northern United States
- speckled trout of European rivers; introduced in North America
- flesh of marine trout that migrate from salt to fresh water
How To Use salmon trout In A Sentence
- Here mezereons grow, and salmon trout comes to spawn.
- Babylonic smoke, working up his sketches into certain unspeakable pictures, with which the world will be astonished, or otherwise, at the next Royal Academy Exhibition; while I, for whom another fortnight of pure western air remains, am off to well-known streams, to be in time for the autumn floods, and the shoals of fresh-run salmon trout. Prose Idylls, New and Old
- So the eagle of Gwernabwy; the stag of Ferny-side Brae; the salmon trout of Glyn Llifon; the ousel of Cilgwry; the toad of Cors Wild Wales : Its People, Language and Scenery
- 1-lb whole fish (such as red snapper, small salmon, trout, salmon trout, bass, sole or porgy, scaled and cleaned. MOON PASSAGE