[ UK /sˈeɪl/ ]
[ US /ˈseɪɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈseɪɫ/ ]
the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling
you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies
the new line of cars will soon be on sale
an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices
I got some great bargains at their annual sale
they held a sale to reduce their inventory
a particular instance of selling
he has just made his first sale
they had to complete the sale before the banks closed
the general activity of selling
they tried to boost sales
laws limit the sale of handguns
an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)
the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office
How To Use sale In A Sentence
- Secondly, he makes the team too much money, raking in ticket and merchandise sales like crazy.
- The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Iran Election Live-Blogging (Saturday June 20 Part II)
- The total sales of the company didn't amount to more than a few million dollars.
- A liquor pour cost of 18.3%, for example, means that it cost a little more than 18 cents to generate a dollar of liquor sales.
- Some retailers, including Sears, have already held some "door-buster" early-morning sales, which makes Black Friday -- the day after Thanksgiving that's looked upon as a kick-off to the holiday shopping season -- a little "grayer," he said. Boulder Daily Camera Most Viewed
- Before that I was the sales manager with a Bombay consumer electricals company.
- BigshoeBazaar is an online cash and carry wholesaler for hundreds of small shoe stores across the country and is using a single 25,000 square feet warehouse, which will be enhanced to 100,000 square feet in a few months, to service shoe stores as far away as Dimapur in Nagaland and Katihar in Bihar. 'Hyper Growth' Returns To India's E-Commerce Sector
- Attention, Kmart shoppers: privacy for sale, aisle nine.
- Norman Neal Williams had been a transient, they learned, an itinerant vitamin salesman with no known relatives. MORE TALES OF THE CITY
- In all the sale extends to 800 lots, ranging across plant, machinery, tools, office equipment, furniture and computers.