[ UK /sˈæləɹi/ ]
[ US /ˈsæɫɝi/ ]
[ US /ˈsæɫɝi/ ]
something that remunerates
they saved a quarter of all their earnings
he wasted his pay on drink
wages were paid by check
How To Use salary In A Sentence
- INA recently won a grievance to place all nurses misplaced on the salary schedule in their appropriate slot.
- In a downward inflation trend, salary expectations lag the decreases in inflation.
- Despite being very comfortable by Zambian standards, he is a man who does not spend his money carelessly and he is on a salary just like his wife and his workers.
- And I was, at what seemed to me to be the munificent salary of $20,000 a year, plus expenses.
- The state has anted up $40 million for salary increases, but, in a program similar to Cincinnati's, Iowa will now evaluate teachers thoroughly to make sure the extra dough goes only to the good classroom performers, not the duds.
- Your bank balance depends entirely on your salary but your happiness balance depends solely on you.
- Salary scales vary between states/from state to state/according to state/with each state.
- Otherwise you'll just have to pump as much as you can into the scheme through voluntary contributions, although scope here is limited as you are restricted to a maximum of 15% of your annual salary.
- I just wish to hell one of the bennies was a salary, she thought wistfully. Children Of The Night
- They received a monthly salary and were charged with controlling the production process and recording the flow of tobacco leaves and products.