[ US /səˈɫɑmi/ ]
[ UK /sɐlˈɑːmi/ ]
[ UK /sɐlˈɑːmi/ ]
- highly seasoned fatty sausage of pork and beef usually dried
How To Use salami In A Sentence
- In fact, it should not recommend either, since the spicy salami, bocconcini and tomato panino is too stingy on fillings.
- For centuries, scholars have squabbled over the design of the ship, which was crucial to defeating the Persians in the Battle of Salamis in 480 B.C., part of a wider war that included the fight at Thermopylae dramatized in the film "300. Epic Struggle: Fans Fight to Revive an Oar-Powered Greek Warship
- The Russians would take a small slice at a time via dubious but not too provocative measures until the whole salami is gone. Archive 2008-06-01
- The homemade charcuterie offers a sampling of the old-school artisan updates this kitchen is capable of, from the coarsely-ground cervelat salami with pistachios and garlic to the clove-scented pâté. Philly.com - Latest Videos
- We do this by creating innovative flavour combinations, such as havarti, smoked chicken and avocado, aged cheddar, tomato and spicy Genoa salami and brie, green apple, crushed walnuts and watercress. The Globe and Mail - Home RSS feed
- In a highly critical report, the health select committee said hospitals were resorting to short-term "salami slicing" as they try to find £20 billion in efficiency savings by 2014/15. Evening Standard - Home
- Mesalamine suppositories are effective in maintaining remission in patients with proctitis.
- The Persians were taken in and sent their navy into the narrow strait between Athens and the island of Salamis.
- I also scarfed a plate of charcuterie which featured decent chorizo, a peppered salami and some sort of good cured pork loin.
- For whensoever Xerxes (sitting just under the mountain opposite Salamis, which is called Aigaleos) saw any one of his own side display a deed of valour in the sea-fight, he inquired about him who had done it, and the scribes recorded the name of the ship's captain with that of his father and the city from whence he came. The history of Herodotus — Volume 2