- the Apostle who would not believe the resurrection of Jesus until he saw Jesus with his own eyes
- (Roman Catholic Church) Italian theologian and Doctor of the Church who is remembered for his attempt to reconcile faith and reason in a comprehensive theology; presented philosophical proofs of the existence of God (1225-1274)
How To Use Saint Thomas In A Sentence
- You did mention Saint Thomas Aquinas, patron of the university, and you know he would have syllogized your argument right into the dust bin and has with his Summa Theologica.
- God's ideas of creatures are, as Saint Thomas says, only his essence, insofar as it is participable or imperfectly imitable, for God contains every creaturely perfection, though in a divine and infinite way; he is one and he is all ¦. Malebranche's Theory of Ideas and Vision in God
- King of Portugal, to be the first bishop of Saint Thomas of Mylapur, and granted Philip and his heirs and successors in perpetuity the right of patronage and presentation to the see, and the benefices that might be created therein, by the mere facts of their creation and dotation. The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 13: Revelation-Stock
- Schomburg was born on 24 January 1874 to an unwed freeborn mulatta, Maria Josepha, in Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, and raised in Puerto Rico by his mother's family.
- Saint Thomas Aquinas,4 using the terminology of the philosophical tradition to which he belonged, explains it as follows: faith is a habitus, that is, a stable disposition of the spirit, through which eternal life takes root in us and reason is led to consent to what it does not see. Latest Articles