- a city in western Florida on Tampa Bay; a popular winter resort
- a city in the European part of Russia; 2nd largest Russian city; located at the head of the Gulf of Finland; former capital of Russia
How To Use Saint Petersburg In A Sentence
- During summertime, especially in Saint Petersburg, the ducks and geese love to swim.
- Some items have survived in zoological institutes and natural history museums in Saint Petersburg, Stockholm, and Amsterdam, as well as in the British Museum in London.
- It is not known where these handles were made, but there were certainly teams of ivory carvers working at Dieppe in France and in Saint Petersburg during the latter part of the century.
- At midnight we boarded a train to Saint Petersburg, once home of the czars and Russia's most European city.
- After attending Saint Petersburg College Prep School, Laura studied at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
- Barakin, who heads a private television station in Saint Petersburg, said the rare breed of Asian Leopard Cat was a gift from a Moscow businessman he had dealings with.
- In the village church last night, a packed house enjoyed a stunning concert of unaccompanied choral music from the Soloists Of Saint Petersburg, who are currently in the middle of a two month tour round the UK.
- January 24,1924: Petrograd, formerly Saint Petersburg, Russia, is renamed Leningrad.
- PARIS — To celebrate the opening of its new permanent collection and its new enlarged exhibition space, the Pinacoth è que de Paris is offering a double-header of a temporary show, "The Birth of a Museum," with works from two historic private collections that provided the foundations for two important museums: the Romanov Collection at the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg and the Esterh á zy Collection at the Beaux-Arts in Budapest. Inspiring Imperial Collections
- Russian police seized 100, 000 copies of a book critical of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin that activists planned to hand out at the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum.