- disciple of Jesus and leader of the Apostles; regarded by Catholics as the vicar of Christ on earth and first Pope
How To Use Saint Peter In A Sentence
- Barakin, who heads a private television station in Saint Petersburg, said the rare breed of Asian Leopard Cat was a gift from a Moscow businessman he had dealings with.
- Giuseppe Raffaelli depicted her with precisely these attributes in his statue for the ambulacrum of Saint Peter's Basilica in Rome. Dictionary of the History of Ideas
- Russian police seized 100, 000 copies of a book critical of Prime Minister Vladimir Putin that activists planned to hand out at the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum.
- PARIS — To celebrate the opening of its new permanent collection and its new enlarged exhibition space, the Pinacoth è que de Paris is offering a double-header of a temporary show, "The Birth of a Museum," with works from two historic private collections that provided the foundations for two important museums: the Romanov Collection at the Hermitage in Saint Petersburg and the Esterh á zy Collection at the Beaux-Arts in Budapest. Inspiring Imperial Collections
- He reported finding wulfenite, cerussite, anglesite, plattnerite, and massicot as alteration products of galena in three pegmatites at Saint Peters Dome.
- Saint Peter's surpassed his expectations, and the choir's _Miserere_ so delighted him that he went to hear it a second time in lieu of that of the Sixtine Chapel. Balzac
- January 24,1924: Petrograd, formerly Saint Petersburg, Russia, is renamed Leningrad.
- The pictures from Saint Peter's Square on an unusually warm and bright day were sharp and colorful, the rows of scarlet-robed prelates encircling the pope's chair a strong visual sign of Catholic solidarity and order.
- This intermitted time wil seem to me (as it does to men in sorrow,) to pass slowly, but I wil hasten it as fast as I can by my wishes, and in the mean time the blessing of Saint Peters The Compleat Angler
- I recall visiting Calvin's church in Geneva, a twelfth-century Romanesque building dedicated to Saint Peter.