- (New Testament) supposed brother of St. James; one of the Apostles who is invoked in prayer when a situation seems hopeless
How To Use Saint Jude In A Sentence
- The stone toe of Saint Jude, patron of impossible causes, was worn smooth by the desperate kisses of the faithful.
- Next to an official archdiocesan fundraising brochure, I found, early on a weekday morning, a small, homemade stack of leaflets in Spanish with a prayer to Saint Jude, ‘patron of work’
- With that he took a deep draught of wine, and shook his head with much solemnity, when his kinsman replied that his family had been destroyed upon the festival of Saint Jude [October 28] last bypast. Quentin Durward
- My patron saint was Saint Jude, the patron of lost causes.
- The church was dedicated on 1st March 1805 to the local Saint Jude.