- a Christian holy day
- a town in northwest Missouri on the Missouri River; in the 19th century it became the eastern terminus of the pony express
How To Use Saint Joseph In A Sentence
- Corliss has a bachelor's degree from Saint Joseph's College in Philadelphia and a master's in film studies from Columbia University.
- Under the tutelage of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Joseph's, she would have acquired needlework skills by working a sampler or pictorial silk embroidery.
- Saint Joseph's its first loss in lopsided fashion in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Ten Conference tournament. USATODAY.com
- He played golf as an undergraduate accounting major at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.
- From the church of Saint Joseph, at the corner of Cherry and Market streets, I heard a bell tolling the hour.
- Saint Joseph! the beast gains the front office -- she faceth streetwards -- she jaculates herself outwards -- she is gone. The Continental Monthly, Vol. 1, No. 3, March, 1862
- Saint Joseph's Oratory sits atop Mount Royal, a landmark park that offers panoramic views of the city.
- Gambia is English, with a purely French trade; the latter is the result of many causes, but especially of the large neighbouring establishments at Goree, Saint Louis de Sénégal, and Saint Joseph de Galam. Two Trips to Gorilla Land and the Cataracts of the Congo Volume 1
- In the year 1896, my great-uncle, one of the first Catholic priests of aboriginal blood, put the call out to his parishioners that they should gather at Saint Joseph's wearing scapulars and holding missals. Excerpt: The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich
- It is the burden of Spirited Lives to tell that story with a focus on one religious community, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondolet.