[ US /ˈsædəɫɝ, ˈsædɫɝ/ ]
[ UK /sˈædlɐ/ ]
[ UK /sˈædlɐ/ ]
- a maker and repairer and seller of equipment for horses
How To Use saddler In A Sentence
- The saddlery, now run by Duff's nephew Randy still turns out world-class saddles.
- The case also addresses whether compensation should be paid to those who suffer as a result of the ban, such as farriers, saddlers and feed merchants.
- Six months after the ban came into force, livery yards, farriers, blacksmiths and those who make saddlery and hunting clothes are starting to suffer from the dwindling numbers of hunters.
- Millbrae is the only saddlery in the Central Belt, and Donald McLelann, Anne's fiancé, is one of three master saddlers in the country.
- James Bake, a Manchester saddler with a keen interest in racing and betting, disposed of his business to become a publican and landlord of the Post Office Hotel, the centre of Manchester betting.
- Among the post's 631 men were bakers, blacksmiths, bricklayers, carpenters, masons, painters, plasterers, plumbers, saddlers, tinsmiths, and wheelwrights.
- Naturally, the beauty is in the details: even the store's leather doorhandles were handstitched by a royal saddler. Times, Sunday Times
- Thereafter I was issued with a new puggaree, half-boots and pyjamy breeches, a new and very smart silver-grey uniform coat, a regulation sabre, a belt and bandolier, and a tangle of saddlery which was old and stiff enough to have been used at Waterloo (and probably had), and informed by a betel-chewing havildar that if I didn't have it reduced to gleaming suppleness by next morning, I had best look out. Fiancée
- The directories provide an invaluable insight into trades long gone, including curled hair manufacturers, curiosity dealers, feather cleaners, fellmongers, saddlers, and salt merchants.
- You can also go shopping at the C Quarter Circle Saddlery for saddles, bridles, bits, spurs and much more!