How To Use sackcloth and ashes In A Sentence
- But it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio. Archive 2007-07-01
- Widows in equatorial Africa actually wear sackcloth and ashes when attending a funeral.
- What would be the point of covering myself in sackcloth and ashes? The Volokh Conspiracy » Juveniles on Probation, and Their Parents’ Guns (and Other Weapons)
- In those days, people walked around in sackcloth and ashes, when they were in mourning, fasting, or in a state of repentance. Sackcloth and Ashes
- There was no gratitude for any so-called leniency of the North, no repentance for the war, no desire for humiliation, for sackcloth and ashes, and no confession of wrong. The Sequel of Appomattox : a chronicle of the reunion of the states
- Grandpa: We were so poor then, we lived in sackcloth and ashes. Harold Pinter, eat your heart out.
- Clothed in sackcloth and ashes, they are continuing their work of expiation. Gueranger: The Mystery of Passiontide and Holy Week
- They way he tells it you'd think we were all of us permanently roaming about the land in sackcloth and ashes, wailing and mithering.