of or relating to a belief in sacerdotalism
sacerdotal emphasis on the authority of priests
associated with the priesthood or priests
priestly (or sacerdotal) vestments
How To Use sacerdotal In A Sentence
- Here the text refers to the ‘specific sacerdotal ministry of the clergy’ to which only men were ordained.
- His first work, Christianity not Mysterious, opposes sacerdotal authority and fideism.
- Their enumeration among abuses, in the second place, of the celibacy of the clergy, and the manner in which their priests marry and persuade others to marry, are verily matters worthy of astonishment, since they call sacerdotal celibacy an abuse, when that which is directly contrary, the violation of celibacy and the illicit transition to marriage, deserves to be called the worst abuse in priests. The Confutatio Pontificia
- Islam does not recognize a sacerdotal priesthood.
- There is a Sacerdotall dignitie in my natiue Countrey contiguate to me, where I now contemplate.8 The English Is Coming!
- Whoever is actually conducting the services, ordained minister or visiting lay preacher, the pattern is irretrievably sacerdotal, the congregation neither speaking by itself nor performing an action from start to finish.
- We properly apply the term sacerdotalism to any system the spirit of which seeks to place a human being in any intermediate character between God and man. Clara Maynard The True and the False - A Tale of the Times
- This and the next rhetorical question, which seem to make the rest of the sonnet entirely unnecessary "and a good thing, too," I can hear some readers saying, suggest that the English may need to remind themselves of their natural immunity to all forms of sacerdotalism. An excursion into Victorian Protestant poetry: "Heart of Oak"
- sacerdotalism" with the distinctive work of the Christian ministry; and both passages speak obviously in the tone of figure and, so to say, poetry. Philippian Studies Lessons in Faith and Love from St. Paul's Epistle to the Philippians
- The Holy See forbade clerics to join the new organization, and it implored prelates to observe vigilantly all sacerdotal activities in order to secure the subservience of priests and to rout out rebels and rogues.