- a midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery; in the Middle Ages it was supposed to be a demonic orgy
How To Use sabbat In A Sentence
- Moreover, it is expressly added that if the day before the Passover falls on a Sabbath, one may in this manner purchase a Paschal lamb, and, presumably, all else that is needful for the feast.
- P.S. As you are on sabbatical, can we expect you to be coding in Fortran soon? Exploiting Spatial Memory: Code Canvas | Serendipity
- And at last he had returned, not in triumph as a master, but as a pilgrim on sabbatical seeking the holy city of his youth. THE BROKEN GOD
- Soteros epiphaneias, ton proi, hon egrapsen ho Markos eipon (ho kai meta diastoles anagnosteon) anastas de; eita hupostixantes, to hexes rheteon, proi te mia tou sabbatou ephane Maria te Magdalene, aph 'hes ekbeblhukei hepta daimonia. The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark Vindicated Against Recent Critical Objectors and Established
- Even though most such oxen are used for plowing, which is forbidden in the Sabbatical year, it is not unusual for someone to buy an ox for its meat.
- The Sabbatarian principle touched not only British religion but many social and economic practices as well.
- Interestingly the manna did not fall on Sabbath, but the shewbread was renewed each Sabbath.
- On the other hand, maybe sanity is overrated, and a decent sabbatical from fiction is just what my brain needs to come up with loads of exciting new ideas.
- Retailers, mainly garages and newsagents, have already privately canvassed staff on whether they would be willing to work on the Sabbath.
- Whereas John had worked outside settled areas, Jesus went from town to town, village to village, usually preaching in synagogues on the sabbath.