[ US /ˌɹɛzɝˈveɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ɹˌɛzəvˈeɪʃən/ ]
[ UK /ɹˌɛzəvˈeɪʃən/ ]
- the act of keeping back or setting aside for some future occasion
- the written record or promise of an arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance
- a district that is reserved for particular purpose
a statement that limits or restricts some claim
he recommended her without any reservations
- something reserved in advance (as a hotel accommodation or a seat on a plane etc.)
- an unstated doubt that prevents you from accepting something wholeheartedly
the act of reserving (a place or passage) or engaging the services of (a person or group)
wondered who had made the booking
How To Use reservation In A Sentence
- She is also part of a large group of oceanographers and taphonomists of the SSETI project (Shelf / Slope Taphonomic Initiative) examining carbonate preservation and destruction across the shelf and slope regions in Gulf of Mexico and Bahamas using submersibles.
- Have you made the reservations for our holiday yet?
- To make room reservation, please use the attached Form to qualify for special room rate.
- Stahl Real Estate has applied to demolish two early 20th century buildings, but preservationists are firing back, arguing that the 190 rent-stabilized and rent-controlled apartments, which sit between 64th and 65th streets near York Avenue, have played a vital role housing lower- and middle-class tenants for nearly a century. New Spat Over Upper East Side Rent
- The Bantustans represented an imposed tribalism, with indigenous Africans forcibly displaced onto reservations carved out of the country's poorest land.
- But it is hard to sustain that insistence on the preservation of the Catholic tradition on the one hand with a total insistence on the diminution of a Protestant tradition on the other.
- Prisons overbook for the same reason holiday camps do: to compensate for the inevitable number of detainees who fail to show up for confirmed reservations for one reason or another, or those who escape. Welsh prisons overbooked
- One promising profession that's emerging this century is wildlife preservationist.
- Your Reservation On receipt of your completed booking form and deposit we will reserve your holiday.
- He received his award for service to the preservation and documentation of Australia's naval history and maritime heritage.