[ UK /ɹɪpjˈuːdɪˌeɪt/ ]
[ US /ɹipˈjudiˌeɪt/ ]
[ US /ɹipˈjudiˌeɪt/ ]
The parents repudiated their son
She renounced her husband
refuse to acknowledge, ratify, or recognize as valid
The woman repudiated the divorce settlement
reject as untrue, unfounded, or unjust
She repudiated the accusations
refuse to recognize or pay
repudiate a debt
How To Use repudiate In A Sentence
- But it cannot be denied that, in his endeavors to harmonize universal grace with the fact that not all, but some only, are saved, Melanchthon repudiated the monergism of Luther, espoused and defended the powers of free will in spiritual matters, and thought, argued, spoke, and wrote in terms of synergism. Historical Introductions to the Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- But now that our president, on behalf of America, has repudiated that awful man, now that Obama's here to set right America's wrongs, al-Qaida will have no reason as it *has* had to attack... but it's gonna take a while for that message to get through to them. "Americans do not bow to royalty. In my view, when the royal is the ruling tyrant of a despotic regime, the wrong is compounded."
- It was a curious position for a lady — this being known as a repudiated wife; and it is worthy of observation that the The Europeans
- The profile of the defector, the turncoat, is that they repudiate everything they've ever done.
- Is it possible that Dmytryk "postdated" the meetings to make more credible his tale of commitment and betrayal by the Communist Party that he had already repudiated? Caught in the Crossfire: Adrian Scott and the Politics of Americanism in 1940s Hollywood
- The parents repudiated their son
- On his second day in office, President Obama repudiated George W. Bushs obsessive and destructive secrecy by ordering his government to obey the Freedom of Information Act. He said it should not withhold documents because they are embarrassing, or reveal failures and errors, or because of speculative or abstract fears. OpEdNews - Quicklink: NYT OP ED: Did They Miss the Memo?
- He repudiated his first wife and married a recognised Judaic princess, thereby seeking at least a form of legal sanction.
- If, based on the reservation of title, Mentor takes back the delivery object, the contract will only be deemed to have been repudiated if Mentor makes an explicit declaration in this regard.
- At present appears the unrelatedness "foreign merchant tightness of money ' repudiates a debt ' the Chinese Enterprise to suffer the loss" is an evident proof.