[ US /ˈɹɛnt/ ]
[ UK /ɹˈɛnt/ ]
[ UK /ɹˈɛnt/ ]
engage for service under a term of contract
Let's rent a car
We took an apartment on a quiet street
Shall we take a guide in Rome?
- hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners
let for money
We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad
an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
she had snags in her stockings
there was a rip in his pants
- the return derived from cultivated land in excess of that derived from the poorest land cultivated under similar conditions
- a payment or series of payments made by the lessee to an owner for use of some property, facility, equipment, or service
the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
he gave the envelope a vigorous rip
How To Use rent In A Sentence
- It would almost be better to have no backbench bills at all than the current system, which offers a false glimmer of hope. Times, Sunday Times
- WorldCom promises not to impose a minimum call charge and no set up or monthly rental fee.
- Which is stupid, considering the drivers around here A: Don't normally stop for people and in fact have been caught trying to sneak ~around~ them and B: I've been nicked several times and almost hit three times different instances last summer attempting to obey the biking laws, none of those for mistakes on my part as I've been scared shitless at the lack of aware driving that's crept over my town. The funny thing about Pain..... (Let's talk trauma!)
- Apart from any other objection, a different classification would be reached if the characters were used in a different sequence.
- Fertilization therefore results in an egg carrying a nucleus with contributions from both parents, and it was concluded that the cell nucleus must contain the physical basis of heredity.
- I learned how to negotiate fights between adolescent girls without making it seem like parental interference.
- The affinities between music and poetry have been familiar since antiquity, though they are largely ignored in the current intellectual climate.
- The firms restructured in different ways. Times, Sunday Times
- Thus, the power of drawing iron is one of the ideas of the complex one of that substance we call a loadstone; and a power to be so drawn is a part of the complex one we call iron: which powers pass for inherent qualities in those subjects. An Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- A man came to load it onto the bus as we ran to find Ranwen's parents and siblings.