provide with fresh horses
remount a regiment
- mount again, as after disassembling something
he remounted his horse
- a fresh horse especially (formerly) to replace one killed or injured in battle
How To Use remount In A Sentence
- Then wishing his friend a safe last journey, he remounted his horse and sped for home.
- Remount to Chinese architecture history, we acknowledge that function is as such leading form.
- Christine seemed leery of remounting the horse, and justifiably so, as the rider did not seem to be capable of steering.
- He shook Dr. Marchmont by the hand, and assuring him he would weigh well all he had said, and take no measure till he had again consulted with him, remounted his horse, and slowly walked it back to Cleves. Camilla: or, A Picture of Youth
- The pony scrabbled up and waited for the rider, who remounted and carried on.
- The pack animals and remounts caught its fear, lunging against their leads and squealing in terror, and Bahzell leapt in among them to calm them.
- The men remounted and rode back toward the great house.
- According to Burt the remaining cowls were replaced by windsails but apparently the nets and some cowls were remounted in 1903.
- Craddock's current offering, Boy Groove, appeared as part of Azimuth Theatre's regular season this past winter, but is being remounted with a different cast as part of the Fringe.
- After they remount their horse and donkey, the two begin another of their incredible conversations.