[ UK /ɹˈɛmnənt/ ]
[ US /ˈɹɛmnənt/ ]
[ US /ˈɹɛmnənt/ ]
- a small part or portion that remains after the main part no longer exists
- a piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold
How To Use remnant In A Sentence
- This is the northernmost and wettest of the central Asian depressions, remnants of a Tertiary era inland sea, with relict glaciers, glacier lakes and a wide variety of rock types, the result of a long series of successive eras of deposition and orogeny. Uvs Nuur Basin, Russian Federation, Republic of Tuva and Mongolia
- In my own garden I have an old stone wall with remnants of whitewash that reflects the sunlight and heat in summer.
- The crab nebula is the remnant from a supernova explosion 1054. High Energy Neutrinos from Cosmos
- As possibly the sole surviving remnant of the Dragon empire it surely deserves some backing from the industry.
- The researchers were therefore surprised to discover that foraminiferan tests sampled from the Challenger Deep contained calcareous components, including the dissolved remnants of coccoliths, the calcium carbonate plates of tiny algae called coccolithophores, and planktonic foraminiferan test fragments. Innovations-report
- These islands are rugged, eroded remnants of great volcanic cones. Macrosociology: An Introduction to Human Societies
- ICE hasn't listed any native Filipino on its "gangbanger" watchlist or detention cells in the past few years, although insignificant remnants of Pinoy street gangs like Akrho and Bahala Na Gang sporadically surface in known Filipino communities here and in Carson, Glendale, Eagle Rock, San Fernando Valley, Rowland Heights, West Covina and Hawthorne. Undefined
- The largest of these are presumably humeri, and there may be remnants of ulnae and radii as well. PLoS ONE Alerts: New Articles
- In addition to the principal units, deformed remnants of mafic dykes are abundant.
- But the stories of this remnant student activism almost inevitably leave out an enormous upsurge in pro-Israel activities on these same campuses.