- American red-fruited hawthorn with stems and leaves densely covered with short woolly hairs
- American red-fruited hawthorn with dense corymbs of pink-red flowers
How To Use red haw In A Sentence
- On many nights, endangered hawksbill and green sea turtles crawl onto the beach to lay their eggs.
- Catch a performance at the fabulously restored Hawaii Theater.
- But opponents of the road insist that the planned extension will bring even more traffic into the area, as well as destroy the parkland habitat of wild creatures bellybuttons such as pileated woodpeckers and red-shouldered hawks. VERBATIM: The Language Quarterly Vol XIV No 4
- We noticed yesterday the red haw, and pembina -- the latter of which is the service berry. Memoirs of 30 Years with the Indian Tribes on the American Frontiers
- Elsewhere, again, might be seen the first awakening of this Maytime of the leaves, and those of an ampelopsis, a smiling miracle, like a red hawthorn flowering in winter, had that very morning all 'come out,' so to speak, in blossom. Swann's Way
- Where there were walls or hedges, bright orange rosehips, black sloes, red haws and yellow ivy bloom; a few bees, a small tortoiseshell butterfly.
- We noticed yesterday the red haw, and _pembina_ -- the latter of which is the service berry. Personal Memoirs of a Residence of Thirty Years with the Indian Tribes on the American Frontiers
- Clementi's Sonatinas, the child had made a rash adventure upon life in the company of a half-bred hawbuck; and she was already not only regretting it, but expressing her regret with point and pungency. St. Ives, Being the Adventures of a French Prisoner in England
- An animal control officer picked up an injured hawk from a person's yard and took the hawk to a wildlife rehabilitator. Prince George's County Animal Watch
- Year round residents include rare species such as black-collared hawk (Busarellus nigricollis), grey-necked wood-rail (Aramides cajanea), least grebe (Tachybaptus dominicus) and Black-Crowned Night Herons (Nycticorax nycticorax). Tehuantepec-El Manchon mangroves