- usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first
How To Use raceme In A Sentence
- The quaint pinkish-white flowers of the turtle-head showed in wet places, and instead of the lilac racemes of the purple-fringed orchis, which had disappeared with midsummer, we found now the slender braided spikes of the lady's-tresses, latest and lowliest of the orchids, pale and pure as nuns of the forest, and exhaling a celestial fragrance. Little Rivers; a book of essays in profitable idleness
- At maturity, the determinate plants also have a rather dense cluster of pods on a terminal raceme.
- This papilionaceous (pea-like flowered) legume bears racemes of 4-20 yellow flowers that may be lightly to heavily streaked with purple. Chapter 10
- Spikelets many, dissimilar, in solitary, digitate or fascicled racemes or spikes; first glume not sunk in the hollow of the rachis. A Handbook of Some South Indian Grasses
- The daily reversal bottom pattern usually lasts 2 to 3 days and ends inside of a short-term retracement zone, but they have been known to start even larger rallies. InsideFutures.com Commentary
- Thank you so much for the lesson on retracements, again that has saved my "tush" more times than you know. TradingMarkets
- Inflorescence racemed; glumes three; nerves of second glume five or less, side nerves curved 1. A Handbook of Some South Indian Grasses
- After about 20 minutes of embracement, I sat up and pulled myself away.
- The current chart formation suggests the possibility of a near-term retracement to 1.4009. FXstreet.com
- How about the fact that it's also oftentimes selection of music that music fans and just isn't offered by any of the RIAA's so-called "embracement" projects or partnerships? ZeroPaid.com