[ UK /kwˈɒʃ/ ]
[ US /ˈkwɔʃ/ ]
[ US /ˈkwɔʃ/ ]
void a plea
The contract was annulled
put down by force or intimidation
The government quashes any attempt of an uprising
China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently
The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land
How To Use quash In A Sentence
- When the new foods that came from the Americas - peppers, summer squash and especially tomatoes - took hold in the region, a number of closely related dishes were born, including what we call ratatouille - and a man from La Mancha calls pisto, an Ikarian Greek calls soufiko and a Turk calls turlu. NYT > Home Page
- Basically, it is a fish stew mixed with squash, sweet potatoes, okra, tamarind, and different kinds of peppers.
- Place the squash on a warm serving platter and cover. Times, Sunday Times
- The golden butternut squash velouté with escargot needed to be thicker to live up to its name, and more complex to live up to its price tag.
- ‘Sewing a squash ball into the back of their pyjamas or nightie might sound like a wind-up but it's effective because it stops people from sleeping on their back,’ he said.
- It contains fried tofu, mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, onion and squash all simmered in a spicy sauce and sprinkled with scallions and sesame. Bento #120: Korean stew « Were rabbits
- Other new ingredients were Agretti, corky-fruited water dropwort, bilwa or Belfruit, and squash blossoms. Weekend Herb Blogging Year In Review: Weeks 21-30, and a Recipe
- Ninety percent of the students in Quashie's class bombed the midterm.
- Throwing himself into one of the office's numerous squashy chairs, Irvine admits to a last - minute attack of the collywobbles.
- Heavy equipment or materials such as pallets of payers can squash a tree's shallow surface roots.