- a thin plate or small rod of quartz cut along certain lines and ground so that it can produce an electric signal at a constant frequency; used in crystal oscillators
How To Use quartz crystal In A Sentence
- The more highly accurate quartz clocks followed and depended on the oscillation of quartz crystal for control.
- Some are made of pure quartz crystal, but many are made of other types of stone found in abundance on Earth.
- There are also excellent specimens of sceptered and reverse-sceptered (sometimes called castellated) quartz crystals.
- Mass-produced quartz crystal oscillators are found in virtually every piece of electronic equipment, from wristwatches to GPS receivers.
- Objective To construct an oscillation circuit for a gene analyzer based on quartz crystal microbalance.
- These crystals, ranging in size from less than 2.5 cm to 10 cm across, have been found with fine, gemmy smoky quartz crystals from a few centimeters to over 30 cm long.
- The new gyro sensor boasts unprecedented stability thanks to the use of a monocrystalline quartz crystal for the newly developed gyro element.
- While writing, I may choose a clear Quartz Crystal for clarity or a yellow Fluorite octahedron to help keep creative thoughts flowing.
- They were enclosed in the calcareous mass, as the quartz crystals of Burgtonna, * (* In the duchy of Gotha.) and the boracite of Personal Narrative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of America, During the Year 1799-1804 — Volume 1
- It is noted chiefly for the hiddenite gem, fine emeralds and beautiful specimens of quartz crystals; but gold, monazite and other minerals are found. North Carolina and its Resources.