- a member of the Siouan people of the Arkansas river valley in Arkansas
- the Dhegiha dialect spoken by the Quapaw
How To Use Quapaw In A Sentence
- I went out the back gate of the Governor's Mansion, through the old Quapaw Quarter, then downtown to the Old State House.
- Essays cover the Timucua, Guale, Apalachee, Chickasaw, Caddo, Natchez, Quapaw, Cherokee, Upper Creek, Lower Creek, and Seminole Indians.
- 53 The place name “Ozarks” derives from the French Aux Arcs, which was a slang word among voyageurs for the place of the Arkansas Indians, whose name in turn was an Indian slang word for the people who called themselves Quapaw and lived near the Arkansas River.54 Champlain's Dream
- The US has hundreds of tribes of Native Americans, from the larger and familiar names of Apache, Sioux, Cherokee and Mohicans to the smaller and lesser-known Catawba, Kalispel and Quapaw.
- The mansion was a big colonial-style house of about ten thousand square feet in the beautiful old Quapaw Quarter of Little Rock, not far from the Capitol.