- Old World aspen with a broad much-branched crown; northwestern Europe and Siberia to North Africa
How To Use quaking aspen In A Sentence
- The islands, flushed with the fresh growth of a Northern spring, and the newly formed shore-line where the capricious Missouri had recently undermined a stretch of bank, gave character to the scene, as did the delicately virent leaves of swirling willow, quaking aspens and cottonwoods loosened from their place on shore to float in midstream. A Man of Two Countries
- In addition to those mentioned above, these include such well-known trees as quaking aspen, boxelder, northern catalpa, American holly, chestnut oak, and saguaro.
- Further north in the ecoregion, the transitional grassland ecoclimate supports a vegetation of quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides), bur oak (Quercus macrocarpa) groves, mixed tall shrubs, and intermittent fescue grasslands. Northern mixed grasslands
- I even went to the trouble of keying out the Latin name thank God for guidebooks and found that it’s exactly the same species of tree: Populus tremuloides, or what we call quaking aspen. Fool’s Paradise