[ US /ˈkwɑdɹənt/ ]
[ UK /kwˈɒdɹənt/ ]
[ UK /kwˈɒdɹənt/ ]
- any of the four areas into which a plane is divided by two orthogonal coordinate axes
- a measuring instrument for measuring altitude of heavenly bodies
- the area enclosed by two perpendicular radii of a circle
- a quarter of the circumference of a circle
How To Use quadrant In A Sentence
- Long sympathetic neurons and sensory neurons, with particular reference to those of the dorsomedial quadrant of spinal ganglia in chick embryo , provided a most valuable system for demonstrating the three main activities of NGF, i.e., 1) its vital trophic role during the early developmental stages, 2) its property of enhancing differentiative processes such as neurite outgrowth, and 3) of guiding the growing or regenerating neurites along its own concentration gradient. [ Nobel Lecture The Nerve Growth Factor: Thirty-Five Years Later
- The four quadrants of Kolb's model deal with the processes whereby knowledge is transformed through experience.
- The pain starts suddenly in the epigastrium or right upper quadrant and may radiate round to the back in the interscapular region.
- He takes a small amount of lubrication and strokes from her introitus through her labia and lands his finger on the upper left quadrant of her clitoris. Ilana Donna Arazie: Slow Sex: Is It for You?
- Lord Kharl of Cantyl, His mightiness, Ostcrag, Lord of the Western Quadrant, will receive you and your credentials at the third glass of the morning on twoday, an eightday from today, in the small receiving room of the Quadrant Keep. Ordermaster
- He said, Data extracted from the nanite swarm indicates that its place of origin is deep in the Delta Quadrant. Delta Anomaly
- Everything becomes clear when I meet the rudder post, steering quadrant and stern gun just off the edge in 27m.
- I shall move the Trenton into the unexplored quadrant behind the Milky Way and search for any remaining human warships.
- Choose the Anchor quadrant from the 10 options to set the base location. Archive 2005-05-01
- A typical 400-meter quadrant track consists of two parallel straightaways connected at the ends by concentric semicircles.