the leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea; has the effect of a euphoric stimulant
in Yemen kat is used daily by 85% of adults
How To Use qat In A Sentence
- There are no permanent settlements in the Qattara Depression. Saharan halophytics
- Hours after the ambassador was recalled, Saba said Mr. bin Jassem sent a letter to his Yemeni counterpart, Abu Bakr al-Qurbi, to clarify Qatar's position.
- The Qatar Holding division now controls a 17% stake in German carmaker Volkswagen, as well as News24 Top Stories
- We have trailblazers like Sheikha Hanadi of Qatar, along with Waed al Taweel, who I met earlier -- a 20-year-old student from the West Bank who wants to build recreation centers for Palestinian youth.
- So, like Singapore's Temasek with its Merrill Lynch investment, Qatar demanded an antidilution clause. Dilution Is No Solution at Barclays
- The spotlight will now again turn to Qatar. Times, Sunday Times
- The moves represent a small but significant challenge to one aspect of Qatar's ambitions for the emirate, which also has drawn global attention by winning the staging rights to soccer's World Cup andfor funding and supporting the revolution in Libya. Qatar, Unveiling Tensions, Suspends Sale of Alcohol
- Perkara yg logik dek akal, maka itulah perkara qat'i ... SARA - Southeast Asian RSS Aggregator
- Qat, or catha edulis, has become the national pastime in this poor Arab country of 19 million, but one many experts say is ravaging Yemen's frail economy and sucking up precious water.
- The Middle East, particularly the Arab Emirates and Qatar are another hot area for hotel openings.