- Libyan leader who seized power in a military coup d'etat in 1969; deposed the Libyan monarchy and imposed socialism and Islamic orthodoxy on the country (born in 1942)
How To Use Qaddafi In A Sentence
- Rice, speaking after President Obama's meeting with U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, praised what she described as an "unusual and important" sense of urgency in the U.N. Security Council's response to the crisis in Libya, where thousands of citizens have formed a mass protest demanding Qaddafi's ouster. Breaking News: CBS News
- Early in the Libyan crisis he carelessly said he would "not dare disturb" his friend, Colonel Qaddafi, about the violence in his country.
- Le fait que Qaddafi a dû faire appel à une armée mercenaire pour essayer de réprimer le soulèvement de son peuple pourrait être un autre cas de figure : la communauté internationale a-t-elle le droit d'intervenir dans une telle situation ? Bishop Pierre Whalon: 'Just War' And The Intervention In Libya
- Earlier on Saturday, the Qaddafi government appeared to be laying the groundwork for a potential strike in the name of self-defense. NYT > Global Home
- He accused Assad's regime of murder but did not call forthrightly for the President's departure, as he had when Libya's dictator, Muammar Qaddafi, ordered that protesters be shot. The New Yorker
- Some Libyan diplomats have bravely called for a no-fly zone to stop the Qaddafi regime's use of airpower to attack Libyan civilians. Unrest in Libya: Congressional reactions
- House Speaker John Boehner sought an explanation of what he termed a "contradiction" between Obama's stated goal of regime change in Libya and the limitation of the United Nations- sanctioned attack to curbing the ability of Muammar Qaddafi's forces to attack civilians. BusinessWeek.com -- Top News
- Announcing the killing at a press conference where he did not take questions, Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, head of the rebels' National Transitional Council, called Younis "one of the heroes of the 17th of February revolution," a name marking the date of early protests against Qaddafi's regime. Breaking News: CBS News
- Libyan production has been largely shut down during the long conflict between rebel forces and troops loyal to Libya's leader, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.
- January 24th, 2009 at 11: 11 am muammar qaddafi, of all people, has a fascinating op-ed in the new york times calling for a one-state solution to the israeli/palestinian conflict. would you reply? furthermore, is this a model that could be extended to india/pakistan? Matthew Yglesias » Weekend Requests?