[ US /pɹəˈfɛʃənəɫ/ ]
[ UK /pɹəfˈɛʃənəl/ ]
[ UK /pɹəfˈɛʃənəl/ ]
- a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- an authority qualified to teach apprentices
- an athlete who plays for pay
characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession
a thoroughly professional performance
of or relating to or suitable as a profession
a professional field such as law
of or relating to a profession
we need professional advice
professional equipment for his new office
engaged in by members of a profession
professional occupations include medicine and the law and teaching
engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood
the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications
began her professional career after the Olympics
professional actors and athletes
a professional cook
How To Use professional In A Sentence
- A professional wedding and event planner like me is prepared to address all of these concerns and more.
- Qiao Gong Fang Gems is a professional supplier of high-quality jewelry gemstones in Wuzhou which famous known as "the capital of artificial gem in the world".
- He urged booksellers to cooperate to form a nationwide chain of ecumenical book outlets that would be well-funded and professionally run.
- She is a professionally qualified social worker.
- If she had a professional title, it would be Dr. Anne Jones and she would use that in her professional life.
- The 886 Professional thermostat/reactor is said to be the ideal complement to the system for any kind of derivatisation. Laboratorytalk - laboratory industry news
- I have returned to campus enlivened by a sense of professional renewal, and I have developed course syllabi, assignments, and activities that incorporate many ideas from my fellowship experiences.
- Their preferences ultimately shaped the place of worship that Warren built, and the result of that consumer-driven approach to creating Saddleback is a deliberately contemporary, highly professionalized operation with a carefully orchestrated feel-good atmosphere. American Grace
- Jeannine's work became focused on freebirth - birth unassisted by a paid professional.
- Martha became a trustee because she wanted the perspective of a professional educator on the board.