[ US /ˈpɝt/ ]
[ UK /pˈɜːt/ ]
[ UK /pˈɜːt/ ]
characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality
a certain irreverent gaiety and ease of manner
How To Use pert In A Sentence
- As I did at FIAC, I selected 18 galleries and asked their most anglophonic expert to pick an image and talk about it for under two minutes. Michael Kurcfeld: Doing Shots: The Old and the New at Paris Photo 2011 (VIDEO)
- Shake them to bits and you are destroying more than property. Times, Sunday Times
- The tax assessor determined that the property was subject to taxation based on its infrequent use for religious purposes. Christianity Today
- The remaining three evolutionary forces are nonadaptive in the sense that they are not a function of the fitness properties of individuals: mutation is the ultimate source of variation on which natural selection acts, recombination assorts variation within and among chromosomes, and genetic drift ensures that gene frequencies will deviate a bit from generation to generation independent of other forces. A Disclaimer for Behe?
- One of our current projects is to convert a couple of bungalows in south London into a five-bedroom detached property. Times, Sunday Times
- IT'S a little disconcerting to walk into a hotel room and find a quintet of young men all wearing slap which is far more expertly applied than your own.
- The soldier fired the rifle through a narrow aperture in a pile of sandbags.
- Four principal types of source pertain to the subject: literature, works of graphic or plastic art, archaeological remains, and notated pieces of music.
- I can find no legitimate references to the use of metallic, inorganic, or organic silver compounds as a sanitizer, disinfectant, or sterilizing agent. quaternary ammonium chloride compounds - Mixtures of compounds such as alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride, didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride, dioctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride, and octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride are very commonly used as surface sanitizer; if you look at your household cleaners that claim disinfecting properties, there's a high percentage chance that you'll find a "quat". Question ;Microdyne
- She had wiggled through a tot-sized aperture in the alcove, and toddled over to a display of butterfly nets four feet away.