- any of a class of unstable chemical compounds resulting from the addition of ozone to a double bond in an unsaturated compound
How To Use ozonide In A Sentence
- Professor Sharman says the synthetic drug - based on the organic compound ozonide proved to be the answer.
- Interestingly, in spite of its instability, the O3 molecule can be stabilized as an ozonide between the double bonds of a monounsaturated fatty acid such as oleic acid.
- The first stage is the production of a compound called an ozonide.
- Ozone attacks a carbon-carbon double bond, initially making an ozonide, a hair-raising five-membered ring that has three oxygens in a row.